Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan, Ph.D., 2003
University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, M.Sc., 1999
University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, B.Sc., 1997
2012 (Aug.) - Current: Adjunct Faculty, Department of Chemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University.
2009 (Aug.) - Current: Senior Research Scientist, Department of Chemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University.
2008 April-2009 March Postdoctoral Fellow, Japan Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, Japan
2007 Apr-2008 & 2005 Aug-2006 May Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Applied Chemistry, Oita University, Japan
2006 June-2007 March Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Hokkaido University, Japan
2003 Dec-2005 July Lecturer, Dept. of Chemistry, Dhaka Univ. of Engineering & Techn, Gazipur, Bangladesh
14. Rabbani, M. Gulam.; Sekizkardes, A. K.; El-Kadri, O. M.; Kaaffarani, B. R.; El-Kaderi, H. M. “Pyrene-Directed Growth of Nanoporous Benzimidazole-Linked Nanofibers and their Application to Selective CO2 Capture and Separation,” J. Mater. Chem. 2012, Submitted
13. Rabbani, M. G.; El-Kaderi, H. M. “Synthesis and Characterization of Porous Benzimidazole-Linked Polymers and Their Performance in Small Gas Storage and Selective Uptake,” Chem. Mater.2012, 24, 1511–1517.
12. Rabbani, M. G.; Reich, T. E.; Kassab, R. M.; Jackson, K. T.; El-Kaderi, H. M. “High CO2 Uptake and Selectivity by Triptycene-Derived Benzimidazole-Linked Polymers,” Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 1411-1413.
11. Jackson, K. T.; Rabbani, M. Gulam; Reich, T. E.; El-Kaderi, H. M. “Synthesis of highly porous borazine-linked polymers and their application to H2, CO2, and CH4 storage” Polym. Chem. 2011, 2, 2775-2777.
10. Rabbani, M. G.; El-Kaderi, H. M. “Template-Free Synthesis of a Highly Porous Benzimidazole-Linked Polymer for CO2 Capture and H2 Storage,” Chem. Mater., 2011, 23, 1650–1653.
9. Sakai, H.; Rabbani, M. Gulam; Hasobe, T. “Porphyrin hexamer with a triphenylene core unit: Spectroscopy, electrochemistry and controllable supramolecular formation”, J. Porphyr. Phthalocya. 2011, 15, 639-651.
8. Rabbani, M. Gulam;* Teraoka, J. “Resonance Raman spectra of N-deprotonated ?-type dianion of porphycenes”, Spectrochimica Acta Part A 2010, 76, 207–212.
7. Hasobe, T.; Rabbani, M. Gulam; Sandanayaka, A. S. D.; Sakai H.; Murakami, T. “Synthesis and aggregate formation of triphenylene core-centered porphyrin hexamers”, Chem. Commun., 2010, 46, 889-891.
6. Rabbani, M. Gulam;* Takahashi, T.; Ohga, Y. “Dynamic Solvent Effects on the Thermal Isomerization of Zinc Dithizonate”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2009, 11, 5170-5174.
5. Rabbani, M. Gulam; Hamada, M.; Takamiya, I.; Shimoda, M.; Shuto, S.; Nishida, A.; Tsukamoto, S.; Arisawa, M. “Preparation of Tethered Palladium Catalysis Supported on Gold(111) and Its Surface Characterization by X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS)”, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 2008, 81, 1012–1018.
4. Rabbani, M. Gulam;* Neya, S.; Teraoka, J.; “Resonance Raman Spectra of Highly Reduced Iron Porphycenes”, J. Porphyr. Phthalocya. 2006, 10, 1271–1284.
3. Rabbani, M. Gulam; Matsushita, T.; Teraoka, J. “Electronic and Vibrational Properties of Porphycene Anions”, J. Phys. Chem. A. 2003, 107, 2172–2178.
2. Rabbani, M. Gulam; Matsushita, T.; Neya, S.; Funasaki, N.; Teraoka, J. “Resonance Raman Characterization of Porphycene Anions”, Chem. Phys. Lett. 2002, 357, 126–130.
1. Rabbani, M. Gulam; Rahman, M. M.; Teraoka, J. “Characterization of Soluble Colloidal Manganese Dioxide and Its Catalytic Effect on the Oxidation of Methylene Blue by Potassium Permanganate”, J. Bang. Chem. Soc., 2001, 14, 195–205.
1. Rabbani, M. G.; El-Kaderi, H. M. “Highly Porous Benzimidazole-Linked Polymers for Use in Gas storage and Separation Applications,” Provisional Patent (Jan 14th, 2011)
HONORS & AWARDS
Inoue Foundation Post-doctoral research Scholarship 2007-2008, Oita University, Japan
Monbusho (Japan Ministry of Education) Graduate Scholarship 1999-2003, Osaka City University, Japan.
Graduate Merit Scholarship, 1994-1995, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Undergraduate Merit Scholarship, 1991-1994, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
American Chemical Society
Bangladesh Chemical Society